Welcome to the correspondence blog ...

This is a correspondence blog between Sacho High School (near Kisumu in Kenya) and the 4A class at Anne Frank School (Sauzé-Vaussais in France)
Ceci est un blog de correspondance entre Sacho High School (près de Kisumu au Kenya) et la classe de 4èmeA du collège Anne Frank (Sauzé-Vaussais en France)


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lavender on Kenyan orphaned Elephants.






Hey Everyone,
My name is lavender Amunga. I study at Sacho High school. I want to be a vet when I finish school. Let me tell you what inspired me be a vet. The reason I want to study Vetinary medicine is because our school is surrounded with a big African equatorial forest. In the forest we have many elephants. Some of the elephants in the forest are orphaned.  I want to treat orphaned baby elephants. In Kenya and Africa as a whole we have bad people called poachers. They hunt down the massive animal called elephants for their tusks. This has been ageless habit that has refused to die. Elephants are killed for their tusks and ivory. The young baby elephants are left to wonder around the park orphaned and often die on their own in the wild. So, sometime back someone from the USA set up the Nairobi elephant orphanage. Located just outside the capital city of Kenya called  Nairobi.  in Nairobi Game Park is the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust’s elephant orphanage.
The elephant orphanage in Nairobi takes in baby orphan elephants from all over Kenya and raises them together until they are old enough to survive on their own.
Visitors to Nairobi can visit the elephant orphanage to see the young elephants play ball, eat, take mud baths, and interact with their keepers. Now, that is what I want to become. A keeper of baby elephants.

No comments:

Post a Comment